Can Legislation Reduce Bullying in Arizona Schools?
- Can we have our representatives enact new laws to help protect children?
- Does this have any impact on the lives of Arizona's children?
- How exactly will this law reduce bullying?
- What research supports this action of enacting new AZ legislation?
- Should this be up to the government or in the control of parents, teachers, school boards and local communities?
- Is Bullying legislation needed?
- How will this affect your child?
These questions and more are being debated with a new bill that aims to halt bullying at schools in Arizona.
Sam Holdren with Equality Arizona helped write the bill.
“It does so in a way that ensures schools are protecting all children from bullying and harassment regardless of their background, including their sexual orientation and gender identity,” Holden explained. “Without that language schools then ignore their responsibility to protect these kids and then we see some really serious consequences.”
SB 1549: Schools, Anti-Bullying, Electronic Media
Click Here for a fact sheet/summary of the bill source: Fox News
Arizona Safe Schools Act passes, teachers will be trained further on how to address bullying issues at school.
Keep Up To Date With SB1549 Arizona Safe Schools Act
BILL STATUS OVERVIEW
|TITLE:||schools; anti-bullying; electronic media.|
|SENATE FIRST READ:||02/01/11|
|SENATE SECOND READ:||02/02/11|
Would you like practical training in how to effectively handle bullies without fighting?
Arizona Bully Proof Training
The Bully Solution For Parents, Teachers and Children
4731 E. Greenway Rd Suite 9
Phoenix, Arizona 85032