How To Protect Yourself From Bullying – Unconventional Bullying Advice
Former Soldier, Bodyguard Trainer and Martial Arts Master Shares His 5 Step Program That Will Boost Your Child’s Confidence, Instill Inner-Strength, a Positive Attitude & Arm Them the Practical Tools to Protect Themselves from Bullying, Harassment and Teasing
• Bullying has been linked to higher rates of teen depression and suicide.
• Rigby (2002), who is a respected researcher on the topic of bullying, nationally and internationally, states:
• “Bullying involves a desire to hurt + hurtful action + a power imbalance + (typically) repetition + an unjust use of power + evident enjoyment by the aggressor and generally a sense of being oppressed on the part of the victim.” (p 51)
• Every day, 160,000 students skip school because they fear being bullied, according to the PACER Center, a parent training and information center for families of children. According to the National Association of School Psychologists,
• 1 in 7 schoolchildren is a bully or victim
• Bullying affects 5 million school children in U.S.
Don’t worry – there IS a solution – but before I get to it, let me tell you a story about a boy who was the target of a bully and how it changed his life forever…
KID TORMENTED BY A BULLY
• His mother told him to just walk away.
• His teachers never knew about it because the bullying took place out of their sight, and often off school grounds, on the way to or from school.
• To stand tall, walk proud and keep his dignity
• Stand up to the bully
• To defeat a bully without fighting
Most importantly, he felt better about himself
Plus he used the lesson many more times in the future
I’ve developed a 5 step program to help you:
1. Build your child’s self esteem
2. Learn to handle unfair aggression
3. Flip the balance of power
4. Learn what to say and do and when to do it
5. Know how to spot a “bullying set up” well in advance so you can avoid it
What: How to Handle a Bully Without Fighting
When: 5-6pm Wednesdays during the month of March
Where: at USA Martial Arts Phoenix Tatum/Greenway Albertsons center
How much: Fully sponsored by Nottingham Sword & Shield Security, ScottsdaleBodyguard.com, KidsLoveMartialArtsPhoenix.com and USA Martial Arts Phoenix
How: Contact email@example.com or call (602) 896-8721 to register. Limited space available.
The only bullying prevention program designed by protection professionals.