|Who Is This Sign Intended For? Who Does It Help?|
The anti-bullying movement is failing in a similar way to the stranger danger movement. Unintended consequences and a lack of research bed based methods and common sense.
Zero Tolerance Policies - Unintended Consequences?
From the boys perspective, he felt trapped. Over time, this lead to anger, then frustration, and feeling depressed.
- Do you discuss them?
- Have you equipped them with the best information to handle these situations?
- Do your rules as parents work with the school rules?
- So why are so many well intentioned people jumping on board with this stuff and not questioning it?
- Isn't one of the most fundamental parenting and teaching lessons to separate the behavior from the child?
- Shouldn't we be protecting children's individual dignity?
- Shouldn't we be getting these children help at an early age?
- Doesn't this make more sense to keep children safe?
- Are we in danger of over-protecting children and making them more vulnerable?
- Are we truly equipping our children with the tools they need to succeed and be happy in the future?
- Are we teaching our children to be too easily offended?
- Is this another control mechanism of the political correctness movement that may damage the exercise of constitutional rights of free speech?
The value of communication is in how it is received.
Of course, physical self defense is only used as a last resort, but there are many, many options leading up to that time. Using our program, it rarely gets to physical self defense.
"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."
- Mother Teresa - War - Peace
I would describe our program as Pro-Children's Safety and Pro-Children's Life Skills. Our method emphasizes the ABC's of Conflict Avoidance, Verbal Diffusion Techniques, Leadership and Social Skills that equip children with the tools they need to handle life's challenges.
- Dad says hit him and teach the bully a lesson
- Mom says just walk away from bullies
- Teacher says tell on the bully
- School says zero tolerance for fighting means you get suspended
To cut through the bullying dilema The Arizona Bullying Intervention Initiative - AZ Children's Bully Prevention Project is working with Nottingham Sword and Shield Security and USA Martial Arts Phoenix to offer a series of bullying solutions - Victim-Bully Proof Workshops. Free Bully Prevention "5 Step How to Handle a Bully Without Fighting" training is being sponsored FREE to all Arizona Children.
What: How to Handle a Bully Without Fighting
When: 5-6pm Wednesdays during the month of March
Where: at USA Martial Arts Phoenix Tatum/Greenway Albertsons center
How much: Fully sponsored by Nottingham Sword & Shield Security, ScottsdaleBodyguard.com, KidsLoveMartialArtsPhoenix.com and USA Martial Arts Phoenix
How: Contact email@example.com or call (602) 896-8721 to register. Limited space available.